Park City Celebrates Celluloid at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival
Around the world, there are a precious few film festivals each year that draw the attention of the entire film industry. The Sundance Film Festival, which visits Park City every winter, is one of the select events that make the list. Sundance has a reputation as a career launching pad for some of the most beloved filmmakers – and films – of our time.
The 2016 Sundance Film Festival is all set to kick off, running from January 21 to January 31, and the films are only part of the attraction. There's also a dizzying array of special events all over town, and you never know who you'll run into at Park City's Sundance parties.
Celebrate the Celluloid with Park City's Sundance Film Festival 2016
Sundance has a bit of a different flavor than some of the other major film festivals, because it finds room for all types of films. You might catch a future blockbuster, but you might also run into a weird, quirky, fun film from an unknown director who's about to become the next big thing. Some film festivals chase the trends. Sundance sets them.
· Quentin Tarantino is a great example of Sundance's trend-setting ways. Way back in 1992, when he was relatively unknown, his film Reservoir Dogs was the talk of Sundance. 25 years later, he's regarded as one of the most popular directors of all time.
· Sundance is a huge film festival, with 14 total categories. The U.S. Competition, World Cinema Competition, and forward-looking NEXT category – three of the most popular – feature a total of 65 films on their own.
· It's not just about the movies, either. Sundance makes atmosphere a priority, and its films are shown in the best theaters that Park City has to offer. The Egyptian Theater, one of Park City's true gems, is at the center of the action.
· Sundance is an independent film festival, which is why it's able to feature such an eclectic set of films. The stars come out to see what's new, what's hot, and what's next, right alongside the rest of us.
· Park City rolls out the red carpet for Sundance, and not just for visiting movie stars. Historic Main Street is loaded with special events, big parties, great shopping, the best places to stay for Sundance, and even a few hidden surprises.
· Accessibility is one of the most enjoyable aspects of Sundance, year after year. After most film showings, you'll have an opportunity to participate in a Q&A session with the film's director. There are also excellent discussion panels, which bring together the top minds in the industry.
· Many of the films at Sundance will be getting their first look from a wider audience. Take a look at the full roster, and you'll note that many of the films are making their North American or worldwide premiere.
The 2016 Sundance Film Festival lasts for 10 action-packed days, and Park City has plenty to keep you busy the rest of the year, too. Our theaters draw top-tier musical and performing arts talent throughout the year, and Park City's ski resorts are some of the largest in the world.
You might come for the film festival, but you'll stick around for the community. Learn more about the beautiful homes available in Park City by contacting Cheryl Fine-Whitteron, and get ready to enjoy Sundance for years to come.
Post a Comment