Skiing, Shopping and Santa for Park City Family Fun
Dreaming of a white Christmas? You can call Park City, Utah a winter wonderland throughout the snowy season, but the locals take things to another level during the holidays. With Christmas around the corner, now is the perfect time to check in on the special events, traditions, and community spirit waiting for you in Park City this December.
We've got you covered with a list of Park City's most popular holiday events, but we should warn you – once you visit Park City for Christmas, you just might decide to stick around for many holidays to come.
You Don't Want to Miss Park City, Utah This Holiday Season
The holiday fun has already started in Park City, but you're definitely not too late to get in on the action. In fact, the best is yet to come. If you've never seen Santa ride his sleigh down a ski lift, let's just say that now would be a good time to start planning your trip to Park City.
· Yes, Santa really does ride his sleigh down the lift, packed with gifts and goodies. The fun starts at 5 pm with hot cocoa and Christmas carols, so get there early to stake out some prime real estate for Santa's big arrival.
· Christmas Eve is one of the best nights of the year, full of family, fun, and anticipation for the big day. Experience a Christmas Eve tradition unlike any other, with the annual Torchlight Parade on Park City Mountain. You can enjoy the unique spectacle as a spectator, or strap on your skis and join in the fun yourself.
· Skiers and snowboarders are always excited to visit Park City, and this is an even bigger ski season than usual. Park City is now home to the largest ski resort in the United States, and this is its first holiday season in operation. The new creation, also named Park City, features 41 lifts and over 300 trails.
· Having trouble finding the perfect gift for those last few people on your list? Park City's Historic Main Street features more than 70 shops, including boutiques that showcase the latest in fashion and art.
· Why simply go to a show when you can also be part of the cast? The Holiday Spectacular and Sing-a-long, held every year in the Egyptian Theater, is the perfect place to stretch your vocal cords and enjoy Christmas performances from local favorites.
We've touched on some of the most popular events, but you'll find fresh opportunities every day of the holiday season. There are always hidden gems, too, but you can only find those by making the trip yourself. And when you're ready to make Christmas in Park City a yearly tradition, contact Cheryl Fine-Whitterton to learn more about all of the beautiful properties available in the area.
Post a Comment